The Bay Area Research Initiative (BARI) and Cesar Chavez Institute (CCI) seek no more than two SFSU students for a PAID fellowship/internship opportunity with Roadmap to Peace, an Instituto Familiar de La Raza (IFR) program serving at-risk transitional age youth in San Francisco. Applicants must have a strong interest in working with and/or in the Latinx community of San Francisco, particularly with youth in the criminal justice system and engaged in restorative justice. The position is paid, so students must be currently enrolled at SFSU.
DEADLINE: FEB. 3rd, 2019
Eligibility, application details and responsibilities
- Undergraduate or graduate students currently enrolled at SFSU.
- Preference is given to those majoring in Political Science, the College of Ethnic Studies majors, Sociology or Criminal Justice Studies/PACE.
- Must be in good standing, with a 3.0 GPA or higher, and in their Junior or Senior years (if undergrad) or at least one year of graduate study completed.
- Eligible to enroll for academic/internship credit.
- Available from Mid February thru June 2019 for 10-12 hours per week.
- Data analysis background or experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with Excel, Adobe Acrobat Forms, STATA, SPSS or R preferred.
- Provide a one page resume, a copy of your unofficial transcript, and a three page personal statement (1 inch margins, 12 pt font, double spaced) where you cover the following three areas: your experience in data analysis or literacy, your fit with the Roadmap to Peace mission (see here: https://cci.sfsu.edu/content/roadmap-peace-evaluation), and what sets you apart from other candidates as a good fit for this position.
- Apply online via SFSU’s Handshake portal: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2323784
- Be available for in-depth screening interviews for final selection during week two and three of Spring 2019.