Bruce Paton, Ph.D.
At SF State Since:
Bruce Paton currently serves as Faculty Director of Graduate Programs for the College of Business. Previously, he served as Chair of the Management Department, from 2011-14.
Bruce teaches courses on business in society, sustainable business, business and poverty, and creativity and innovation. His teaching includes courses at the undergraduate, graduate and executive level.
He currently serves as Chair of the Sunnyvale Sustainability Commission, and as a member of the editorial boards for two journals - Business Strategy and Environment, and Academy of Management Learning and Education.
His professional experience includes:
- Serving on the senior management team for a Silicon Valley startup,
- Managing manufacturing, quality, and environmental projects at Hewlett-Packard,
- Serving as Director of Admissions for Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business,
- Chairing the board of directors for Sustainable Silicon Valley – a collaboration of more than100 businesses, cities and community organizations that works to focus the region's leaders on its most important environmental problems and opportunities, and
- Serving as Chair of the Fisher International MBA Program at Monterey Institute of International Studies.
He earned a BA in Environmental Science from Wesleyan University, an MBA from Stanford University, and a Ph.D. in Environmental Studies from the University of California, Santa Cruz.