The SEO programs are designed to prepare students from underrepresented groups for biomedical careers by providing academic support and stimulating research experiences.
The fellowship application deadline for the 2017-18 year is extended to March 24, 2017. Also, we accept applications year round for late consideration.
The applications are also available on the main SEO website.
Must be a SF State student (or have applied to become one)
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Must commit to research for one year or more
All applicants are required to submit the following:
- Online Application for undergraduates (here) or
- Online Application for graduate students (here)
- Statement of Purpose describing your educational goals, career goals and interest in science. Also describe how participation in the SEO programs will benefit your future goals. (This is required to complete the online application.)
- All Science Transcript Form (here) - Complete the form by listing all college-level science courses, the grade you received, and the institution where taken. All Science Transcript Sample (here)
- Unofficial copies of your transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation. Download the SEO Recommendation Form (here). Please have two (or up to three) recommenders send the recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We strongly encourage you to apply on-line, however if you are unable to do so please contact the SEO Office for an alternate, paper application packet.
For more information, contact the SEO Office, 415-338-1305, email@example.com