Resources on Yemen
(Thanks for these references go to Mary Brandon, Katherine Cole, the rest of the Herndon team / Regina Sneed, Laurie Kossoff, and Martha Winnacker, Berkeley-San Francisco team / Susan May, Atlanta )
Videos, Webinars, and Podcasts
- Demand Progress, Friends Committee on National Legislation, Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft. Panel with Hassan El-Tayyab and others. Yemen at the Crossroads- Updates on the Humanitarian Crisis and What Congress Can Do About It. (October 26, 2021)
- Why is Yemen at War?
- Hunger Ward
- Why Is This Happening? with Chris Hayes. America's Role in the World's Worst Crisis (Yemen) with Shireen Al-Adeimi (September 24, 2018)
- FCNL and Asma Rassem. 2021. President Biden-- Use US Leverage To End the Saudi Blockade of Yemen (November 5, 2021
- Council on Foreign Relations Global Conflict Tracker-- War in Yemen (updated January 7, 2022)
- AP: Yemen Conflict Escalates, Government Forces Advance in South (January 5, 2022)
- The Intercept: She Helped Expose Secret UAE-Run Prisons in Yemen-and Paid a Steep Price (12/31/2021)
- The Intercept: Congress Caves to Saudi Arabia on Yemen War (12/21/2021) includes a discussion of Senator Chris Murphy's position
- Responsible Statecraft: No More Loopholes- Ban All US Assistance in Yemen War Now (November 15, 2021)
- Forbes: Hartung, William. 2021. Congress Should Cut Off U.S. Military Support for Saudi Arabia. (November 8, 2021)
- BBC - Yemen Crisis - Why Is There a War? (11/2/2021)
- Foreign Affairs: Accomplice to Carnage- How America Enables War in Yemen (March/April 2021)
- Phelps, Wayne. 2021. On Killing Remotely: The Psychology of Killing with Drones Little, Brown, and Company.
- Swanson, David for Roots Action Education Fund. 2022. Primer on Foreign Policy for U.S. Congressional Candidates. Roots Action Education Fund.
- Congressional Research Service: Yemen: Civil War and Regional Intervention (updated November 23, 2021)
- Prevention and Protection Working Group: PPWG Assessment- Yemen
- Final Report of the Panel of Experts (United Nations Experts) on Yemen in Accordance with Resolution 2511 (2020 report) December 22, 2020
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace- Iran's Small Hand in Yemen. (February 14th, 2017)